- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Virtual Conference on Transportation Planning Research Needs: Final Report
This study was requested by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), and conducted as part of National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Project 08-36.
The objective of NCHRP 08-36, Task 95 was to plan and conduct a Virtual Conference on Transportation Planning Research Needs. This report documents the structure of the virtual conference, the resulting research needs statements, and lessons learned from the experience of utilizing a virtual conference format. The research needs and challenges identified through this effort may be a useful starting point for developing research statements for submission to TRB, FHWA, or other research funding entities.