- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
USDOT Research, Development, and Technology (RD&T) Annual Modal Research Plans
Under 49 U.S.C. Chapter 65 (Research Planning), Section 6501, each modal (operating) administration and joint program office is required to submit an Annual Modal Research Plan (AMRP) to the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology each year for review and approval. The plans are required to provide a comprehensive annual modal research plan for the upcoming fiscal year and a detailed outlook for the following fiscal year. The plans provided at the below link address fiscal years 2021 and 2022 in addition to the plans developed for prior fiscal years.