- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Transportation Research Board Strategic Plan
As the entity responsible for conducting strategic planning for TRB, the Executive Committee of the Transportation Research Board developed the current Strategic Plan, which was adopted in June 2014. The plan includes an overview of TRB’s strengths, opportunities, limitations, and challenges, and provides details on its vision and goals, and strategies and action items TRB will employ to achieve its vision and goals. Appendices to the plan include the environmental scan, performance assessment, gap analysis, and more. An action plan for the strategic plan will be developed during the second half of 2014 and first half of 2015.