- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
The Caltrans Strategic Research Plan
This Strategic Research Plan provides guidance to California Department of Transportation (Department, Caltrans) and its partners on where Caltrans would like to ?get to? with transportation research. This document discusses the importance of transportation research, the methodology employed to create the Strategic Research Plan, and information about key, priority research questions Caltrans seeks to answer.