- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 4: Sustainability as an Organizing Principle for Transportation Agencies
TRB?s National Cooperative Highway Research Program Report 750: Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 4: Sustainability as an Organizing Principle for Transportation Agencies includes an analytical framework and implementation approaches designed to assist state departments of transportation and other transportation agencies evaluate their current and future capacity to support a sustainable society by delivering transportation solutions in a rapidly changing social, economic, and environmental context in the next 30 to 50 years.
NCHRP Report 750, Volume 4 is the fourth in a series of reports being produced by NCHRP Project 20-83: Long-Range Strategic Issues Facing the Transportation Industry. Major trends affecting the future of the United States and the world will dramatically reshape transportation priorities and needs. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) established the NCHRP Project 20-83 research series to examine global and domestic long-range strategic issues and their implications for state departments of transportation (DOTs); AASHTO’s aim for the research series is to help prepare the DOTs for the challenges and benefits created by these trends.