- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Strategic Issues Facing Transportation-Final Research Plan Framework
(NCHRP 20-80 Task 2) 2008, Final research plan framework ?set the framework for a series of reports that examine global and domestic long-range, strategic issues and their implications for departments of transportation. Published as NCHRP Report 750: Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volumes 1-6, the reports address topics such as freight movement, climate change, technology, sustainability, energy, and socio-demographics.