- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Research Partnering Project Funding Request Form
Partnering projects are defined as projects where MDT is not the sole funding contributor and MDT is not the lead. AASHTO Technical Services Programs (TSP) and pooled fund projects (TPF) are all considered partnering projects. This form must be submitted by the project/program champion and presented to MDT’s high level Research Review Committee (RRC). Champions may only ask for three years of support and must present progress to the RRC annually, both via the Partnering Project Annual Evaluation Form and in-person.