- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Research Partnering Project Annual Evaluation Form
Partnering Projects are defined as projects where MDT is not the sole funder and MDT is not the lead. Examples of partnering projects include AASHTO Technical Services Programs (TSP) and pooled fund studies (TPF). Champions may request up to three years of funding for these projects via the Partnering Project Funding Request Form and a presentation to MDT’s high level Research Review Committee (RRC). however, they are required to present progress annually to the RRC via this form and in-person.