- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Railroad Operational Safety: Status and Research Needs
TRB Transportation Research Circular E-C085, Railroad Operational Safety: Status and Research Needs summarizes the proceedings of the Midyear Meeting of the Transportation Research Board?s (TRB) Railroad Operational Safety Subcommittee held September 10?12, 2002, in Irvine, California, which examined human factors-related research issues facing the railroad enterprise. The report includes research problem statements and explores fatigue and vigilance, safety culture, and the impact of advanced technology on railroad operational safety.