- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
NHTSA Vehicle Safety and Fuel Economy Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2011-2013
This NHTSA Vehicle Safety and Fuel Economy Priority Plan describes the projects the agency plans to work on in the rulemaking and research areas for calendar years 2011 to 2013. This is not an exhaustive list. Only programs and projects that are priorities or will take significant agency resources are listed. Furthermore, NHTSA?s enforcement, data collection, and analysis programs — vital elements in achieving NHTSA?s goals — have their own set of priorities that are not listed here. Each of these programs supports NHTSA?s rulemaking and research priorities by providing necessary safety data, economic analysis, expertise on test procedures, and technical issues gleaned from enforcement experience.