- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
National Asphalt Roadmap: A Commitment to the Future – Executive Summary
This report is a combined effort of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA); American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), National Asphalt Paving Association (NAPA), Asphalt institute (AI), and the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
This document is the result of public-private partnership and presents the shared vision of the asphalt community for research and technology in the field of asphalt pavement and material technologies. In addition to the contributing agencies and organizations recognized on the title sheet, many individuals and groups provided valuable input into the Roadmap. The roles of those who contributed varied from members of the working group, who were involved in
the development of the report, to those who took time to provide review and comments. All of these contributions are valuable and are greatly appreciated. All of the organizations and individuals worked hard to make this report a valuable resource and are proud to call it our ?commitment to the future.? It is our hope this report will be used often and will be useful in shaping the future of asphalt technology in the United States.