- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Future Truck and Bus Safety Research Opportunities
TRBs Conference Proceedings 38: Future Truck and Bus Safety Research Opportunities are the proceedings from a conference held on March 23-24, 2005, in Arlington, Virginia. The purpose of the conference was to ponder the future of the commercial vehicle industry and to explore the types of research needed to meet the challenges of the future. These proceedings summarize the issues, comments, future scenarios, and other information addressed during the conference. The authored research papers presented at the conference are also included. The conference committee net following the event to synthesize the information presented and discussions held and to deliberate on its findings and recommendations for future research, which are also presented in the report.