- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
DOT Five-Year Research, Development, and Technology (RD&T) Strategic Plan (FY 2018-2022)
The DOT RD&T Strategic Plan presents the Department’s research priorities for five years (FY 2018-2022) and describes the activities undertaken by the Department to address those priorities. This plan is an update to the previous Plan, covering FY 2017-2021, and meets the requirements set forth in Section 6019 of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act (Pub. L. 114-94), “Research Planning” (49 USC 6503). This updated plan has been developed to ensure alignment with the Department’s strategic goals and priorities as defined in the DOT Strategic Plan (2018-2022).