- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
DDOT Research Strategic Plan: Building a Premier Urban Research Program
The Research, Development, & Technology Transfer (RDT) Program at the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is in the process of setting a strategic direction to improve the effectiveness of its activities. The development of the RDT Strategic Plan, a research roadmap to achieve the agency?s vision, recognizes the vital contribution that research makes to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation services to the community.
The overarching vision is to leverage DDOT?s unique characteristics, location and relationships to transform the RDT program to a leader in applied urban transportation research.
This strategic plan lays out the blueprint for the research program for the next five years (2013-2018).