- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
Business Needs for Pavement Engineering: Research Results Digest No. 276
This digest summarizes the primary thrust areas of ?business needs? for pavement engineering adopted by the AASHTO Joint Task Force on Pavements. These needs were initially identified by a large number of pavement professionals through a consensus-building process in a workshop conducted as part of NCHRP Project 20-7(127), ?A Strategic Plan (Road Map) for Pavement Research.? The workshop was facilitated by a team of professionals from the Virginia Transportation Research Council.