- Planning and Development
- Strategic Research Documents
- Unfunded and Partially Funded Research Needs
- Research Funding Guidebook
- Federal Research Programs
- International Research Programs
- State Departments of Transportation Programs
- Transportation Research Board
- University Transportation Centers
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What Are the Characteristics of the Research You Would Like to Have Funded?
- Chapter 3: Which Research Program is the Best Fit for Your Research Statement?
- Chapter 4: More About Proposed, Ongoing, and Completed Research
- Chapter 5: General Advice and Summary
- Appendix A: How to Write an Effective Research Statement
- Appendix B: How to Submit Updates to this Guidebook
- Appendix C: Contributors
2011 FHWA Infrastructure Research and Technology Strategic Plan
This 2011 Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Infrastructure Research and Technology (R&T) Strategic Plan (April 2012) describes the direction and outcomes that will be pursued through FHWA?s Infrastructure R&T program for the next 5 or more years. It is founded on and informed by input
provided by a broad array of highway stakeholders assembled through formal and informal mechanisms.
Additional details concerning the specific work that will be undertaken by the FHWA Offices of Infrastructure, Infrastructure Research and Development, and Technical Services will be provided in a supporting FHWA Infrastructure R&T program roadmap that will be reviewed and updated on an annual basis. Comments concerning this strategic plan and other input for consideration in the roadmap development can be submitted to FHWA Office of Infrastructure at NT@dot.gov. Other mechanisms for obtaining stakeholder input will also be used.
This report supersedes the earlier published version of the FHWA Infrastructure R&T Strategic Plan (FHWA-HRT-12-028); it contains editorial updates to both content and format.