2023 FY NCHRP: R&I and RAC Ballots Due
NCHRP problem statements are submitted by November 1st. After they are received, they go through a review, prioritization, and scoring process.
138 Problem statements were received. They will be reviewed by every state DOT, AASHTO Special Committee on Research and Innovation (R&I), AASHTO Committees and Councils, FHWA staff, and NCHRP staff. The schedule is as follows:
- 11/22/21: Problem statements sent to NCHRP, FHWA, and AASHTO staff.
- 12/17/21: NCHRP and FHWA comments are due.
- 12/20/21: NCHRP and FHWA comments sent to submitter.
- 2/7/22: AASHTO comments and priorities are due.
- 2/8/22: Submitter response to comments is due.
- 2/16/22: Compendium of all problem statements, comments from NCHRP/FHWA/AASHTO, responses from submitters, and the ballot is sent to R&I and the AASHTO Research Advisory Committee (RAC).
- 4/1/22: R&I and RAC ballets are due.
- 4/14-15/22: R&I meeting
- 5/18/22: 2023 FY program announcement issued along with a soliciation for panel members.